Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One Dollar Shop

October 18, 2007

It was a sleepy day. I woke up early as usual, but I didn’t feel as fresh as any other days. Our schedule for today was to attend the MEA Conference. In this conference, elementary school, middle school, and high school teachers from all over Montana would gather to share their knowledge. It would be a more interesting conference, if we had more time because many of the sessions I would like to attend were in the morning. Also, it would be better, if I had a schedule of all the sessions at least one day earlier so that I could make a list of the sessions I wanted to attend.
At 3.00 pm, we went shopping at “One Dollar Shop.” It was a new experience for me because I had never known that there was this type of shop in the States. Actually, there is this kind of shop in Thailand as well. At that shop, you can buy almost everything at the price of 60 baht (approx. 2 dollars). After shopping, we went to Teacher of the Year reception at Holiday Inn. The overall atmosphere of the reception made me feel so proud of the teaching profession. The participants gave standing ovations to the teacher of the year and the two finalists. I felt that they deserved to receive such an honor. Though, I don’t know who they are, I am certain that they have worked hard enough to be awarded. Ok. I’ve got to go pack up my stuff to be prepared for tomorrow’s trip to Yellow Stone. There is much more to tell. To be continue….

No comments: