Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Party at Brody's house




October 17, 07
It’s another special day. What was so special about today was the weather. As soon as I woke up, I could sense coldness all over the room. As soon as I stepped outside, the cold wind and droplets of water blew right at me. Oh, mind. How I wanted to go back to my room and tucked myself inside a warm blanket. Anyway, that was only my thought for in reality, I still needed to go to study.
The morning English class went well. To be honest; however, I was a bit distracted because my mind was set at the white icy cotton balls that might fall down from the sky at any time. After Prof. Rick’s class, I went to observe a large psychology class. The class was active and interesting with students participating eagerly. For the afternoon session, we discussed Dr. Jayne Downey’s class that we’d observed this morning. We asked her questions related to active assessment in large classes. I’ve got all of the important points in my notebook. Then, we discussed and did an activity on active assessment in large classes with Dr. Bangart. At 3 pm, we worked on our blogs as usual. It might be like any other day on which everybody was busy working with their own blogs. It was not until someone told us that it was snowing outside. The chaos started right at that moment. Everybody jumped out of their seats, ran towards the windows and looked outside. Some of us including me stretched our hands out to feel the icy drops of water. It didn’t look like snow at all, but yet it wasn’t rain. One of the professors told us that it was called “sleet”. I’ve heard this word before, but this is the first time I’ve actually seen sleet. I was a bit disappointed, but still believe that it will snow soon.
Today’s highlight was in the evening because we had a dinner party at Dr. Brody’s house. The party was great- the house was cosy, the song was sweet, the food was delicious, and everybody was extremely friendly. We had really good time especially me because I had a chance to eat Thai food such as Tom Yam Kung, chicken green curry and fried rice. It was so good to eat something a bit spicy because spicy food helped spiced up my life. Before ending this journal, I’d like to thank the host for tonight’s dinner. Kop Koon Ka.

No comments: